March 05, 2018
Texas Retirees Know What To Do
In 2018, Texas retirees are pulling for the politicians who uphold our pensions, health care, and Social Security. Our voter turnout is far better than any other age group.
Across Texas, retirees are working with the Texas Alliance for Retired Americans and other progressive organizations to improve voter turnout. Many are working directly with the AFL-CIO.
As the March 6 election day approaches, seniors can be found making phone calls, knocking on doors, putting up signs, and spreading the word.
Change is Underway
Those who oppose retirement benefits are no longer dominating elections. Early vote totals indicate big improvements for the Democratic Party, while Republican Party turnout is barely growing. Seniors are always a big part of early voting.
President Tony Padilla is especially proud of the work being done in the seven metropolitan chapters of the Texas Alliance for Retired Americans. We will be discussing election results and next steps during our March meetings.
- Austin area: Noon, March 15, Lamar Seniors Activity Center at 2874 Shoalcrest Ave, at the corner of 29th and Lamar. Austin 78705
- Beaumont area: 9:30AM, March 13, 2490 S. 11th St. Beaumont, Texas 77701
- Corpus Christi area: March 8, 1PM, 4455 SPID, Suite 48. Corpus Christi 78411
- Dallas area: First Wednesday, 12:30 PM March 7, 334 Centre Street, Dallas 75208
- Fort Worth Area: Noon on 3rd Wednesdays, Furr’s Buffet, 3233 Alta Mere Dr, Ft Worth 76116
- Houston area: First Wednesday, 11:30 AM, 2704 Sutherland St, Houston
- San Antonio area: 10AM March 22 at 1901 S. Flores. Call Rudy Trevino at 201-888-0788 for more info on the March meeting
Everybody who supports the right to retire is welcome at these meetings. More information at https://texas.retiredamerica.wpengine.com/texas-groups/
Texas Alliance for Retired Americans
Find us on Facebook: Texas Alliance for Retired Americans